How to Prepare for Your Accident Lawyer Consultation
As you’re preparing for an initial meeting with a personal injury lawyer after a car accident, there are some considerations you should take to make sure your case gets off to a smooth and efficient start. During your consultation with an accident lawyer, you should be prepared with all documentation related to your accident and have a list of questions ready to ask the lawyer. A consultation is, as much a time for the lawyer to get up to speed on your case as it is for you to make sure you feel confident in the experience and knowledge the lawyer will bring to your lawsuit.
What to Bring to the Consultation
Be sure to bring copies of all documentation related to your accident. Your lawyer will need this information, and having it ready to go will help to keep the process moving efficiently and provide your lawyer with all the information they need right from the start. You should bring all of the following documents, if applicable to your accident:
- Copies of police reports
- Copies of records from all health care providers
- Copies of bills from medical care providers
- Insurance coverage information for medical bills
- Details of any work you missed
- A calendar with all important dates related to your injury
- Copies of correspondence with your insurance company
- Photographs related to the incident
- Journal entries detailing psychological and emotional effects of the accident, injuries and medical treatment
Questions to Ask Your Accident Lawyer
A consultation is an opportunity for you to ask your car accident lawyer questions, too. You should take the time to make sure you feel confident with the experience and approach of the lawyer. Prepare a list of questions before meeting with your lawyer. Some questions to ask include:
- How long have you been in practice?
- How much experience do you have with car accidents?
- How long do you anticipate it will take to resolve my case?
- What problems do you foresee with my case?
- What are my options between resolving with an insurance claim versus a lawsuit?
- How do you charge for lawyer/lawsuit expenses?
Have you been in a car accident in Northwest Arkansas? Schedule your consultation with a Conway car accident lawyer at Rainwater, Holt & Sexton.