Arkansas Bankruptcy Lawyer

Commercial bankruptcy: Debt relief for Arkansas businesses

As a business owner, you should consider bankruptcy a viable option when you are no longer able to pay your debts. At Rainwater, Holt & Sexton, our Arkansas bankruptcy attorneys can help you decide if bankruptcy is the right choice for your business. We’re here to help you determine which chapter best meets your company’s needs. Typically, incorporated businesses file Chapter 7, while unincorporated businesses file Chapter 7 or Chapter 13.

Chapter 7

Chapter 7 bankruptcy can be filed by both consumers and business owners. As the owner of an incorporated or unincorporated business, you must first file for a petition. Once the petition has been filed, the automatic stay immediately becomes effective and stops collection attempts against your business. Upon notification that your business has filed Chapter 7 bankruptcy, your creditors will be asked to notify the bankruptcy court regarding the solution they seek for the debt you owe them. Similar to consumer bankruptcy, a trustee will be appointed to oversee your business and property. Any non-exempt property will be sold by the trustee to pay your creditors.

Chapter 13

With Chapter 13, you have the opportunity to reorganize a repayment plan for your business’s debts. With the help of an Arkansas debt relief lawyer, you can propose a three-to five-year plan that prioritizes the payment of your debts. If approved by the court, a trustee will be appointed to receive monthly payments from you to pay your creditors and make sure you follow the terms laid out in your company’s plan.

*We are a debt relief agency. We help people file for bankruptcy relief under the bankruptcy code.
*The No Fee Guarantee® does not apply to bankruptcy cases.

We’re taking care of Arkansas.

Arkansas is our home and we want to make sure our neighbors and friends are supported.  With four offices in Arkansas—Little RockFayetteville, Conway, and Hot Springs—our Arkansas commercial bankruptcy lawyers are easily accessible when you need help.

Fill out a free contact request form, which only takes a minute, or simply dial (800) 767-4815 and tell us about your accident.

We help you Weather the Storm

Tell us how we can help.

Rainwater, Holt & Sexton Injury Law Blog

Recovering Lost Wages after Getting Injured in a Car Accident

You’re driving home after a fun night out with friends when suddenly, a drunk driver plows into your car at a stoplight. In the blink of an eye, your whole life changes and you find yourself suffering from serious and catastrophic injuries. During this time, you are forced to miss months of work while you… Read more »

Read More

The Opioid Epidemic in Arkansas

The opioid epidemic is having a big impact on Arkansas. It is devastating families and decimating communities. Something must be done. Rainwater, Holt & Sexton is proud to be working with the Arkansas Association of Counties and the Arkansas Municipal League on a one of kind lawsuit against opioid manufacturers to force them to clean up the problem they created. Although it doesn’t stop… Read more »

Read More

Rainwater, Holt & Sexton Lawyers Recognized by the Best Lawyers Publication

We are fortunate to have great attorneys at Rainwater, Holt & Sexton. We know it, our clients know it, and Arkansas has shown they know it. While we know we have a great team, it’s always an honor to be recognized by national organizations. We recently had six attorneys named Best Lawyers by Best Lawyers publication. The attorneys honored were Mike Rainwater, Bob Sexton,… Read more »

Read More